Friday 15 January 2016

The Timber Press Guide to Vegetable Gardening in the Pacific Northwest

The Timber Press Guide to Vegetable Gardening in the Pacific Northwest 
by Lorene Edwards Forkner (Editor, Pacific Horticulture). 




In short, I love this book!

I may be a professional gardener with fancy paperwork, but I'll be honest, I don't know everything and vegetable gardening was something very new for me! This book is fantastic because it is, in essence, a gardening calendar for growing veggies in the Pacific Northwest.

It's organized in such a way that you can start your garden in any month - just turn to the relevant month/chapter. So easy to use & follow. The author advises what plants to start indoors, which to sow outside, and things to consider for the upcoming month - plus all sorts of other useful and handy gardening tips! I use it so often that it doesn't even make it to my bookshelf.

No comments: